April is National Community College Month
Ten things you need to know about Kentucky Community and Technical College System.
- KCTCS is a statewide system with 16 colleges with more than 70 locations.
- KCTCS has a campus within a 30 minute drive of 95 percent of every Kentuckian.
- KCTCS is largest provider of postsecondary education and workforce training in the state.
- We are the most affordable higher education institution in Kentucky, offering the lowest tuition.
- KCTCS offers over 700 career related programs that allow students to quickly get in, get out and get to work.
- Since KCTCS was created in 1998, we have transformed the lives of more than 750,000 Kentuckians.
- In 2013-2014, KCTCS served more than 5,500 businesses, trained nearly 50,000 employees and completed nearly 85,000 workplace assessments.
- Last year KCTCS trained:
- 87,027 credit-seeking students.
- 80 percent of Kentucky-trained firefighters.
- 69 percent of the state’s allied healthcare workers.
- Since 1998 KCTCS increased enrollment 78.8 percent and has become the largest provider of online education, offering more than 77 online credentials.
- Since 2010, KCTCS has transferred 86,174 students to four-year colleges nationwide and transferred 69,404 students to Kentucky four-year institutions; a 30% increase in transfer in just five years.