April is National Community College Month
Ten things you need to know about Kentucky Community and Technical College System.
- KCTCS is a statewide system with 16 colleges with more than 70 locations.
- KCTCS has a campus within a 30 minute drive of 95 percent of every Kentuckian.
- KCTCS is largest provider of postsecondary education and workforce training in the state.
- We are the most affordable higher education institution in Kentucky, offering the lowest tuition.
- KCTCS offers over 700 career related programs that allow students to quickly get in, get out and get to work.
- Since KCTCS was created in 1998, we have transformed the lives of more than 500,000 Kentuckians.
- KCTCS annually serves more than 5,300 businesses and trains nearly 53,000 employees.
- Last year KCTCS trained:
- 134,990 credit-seeking students.
- 80 percent of Kentucky-trained firefighters.
- 69 percent of the state’s allied healthcare workers.
- KCTCS has a current enrollment of 92,365, a 78 percent increase since 1998.
- Since 2010, KCTCS has transferred 86,174 students to four-year colleges nationwide and transferred 69,404 students to Kentucky four-year institutions; a 30% increase in transfer in just five years.